[Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

Quentin Schweninger quenty2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:05:20 MST 2013

Hello Bob.
You mentioned below that there were sometimes problems with cap/rotor
combinations with the pertronix ignition. Apparently thats what I have.
The cap center contact hits the rotor, about .050 before it seats on the
distributor body.
This is a new cap, (Moss 874-060) on a 25D6.
 I called Pertronix and the first technician was curious and asked me to make
sure the Collar was down all the way,
and asked me to measure what was interfering and how much.
When I called back I got another Tech. who insisted that I didn't have the
collar pushed down far enough.
The collar is located vertically on the distributer shaft by resting on the
distributor cam.
This tech told me, "we have made thousands of these and never had a problem".
Is this similar to the problems you are referring to?

Dave
BN7 II Daisy