[Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 09:34:57 MST 2013

I also still have points in my 100 and I set and maintain them myself. I
always carry a spare set of points, condenser, rotor cap, distributor cap and
 plugs. I also have a complete set in my garage. Knock wood, I've never had
a  problem with any of them while driving, but I have helped more than a
few others  out of a jam on the road. I enjoy getting in there and doing the
work. I started  doing it in the 70's on Healeys and it just kind of brings
me back every now and  then.
    If I raced my car, I might go different. If I  didn't enjoy getting in
to the engine compartment, I might go different. If I  wanted a new car
feel, I might go different. But I like the 1953 engineering,  that's why I
bought the car. It's a personal preference. I say fit your car  however you
please, your taste and how you want it are your choice. Set it up  the way you
want and then drive it how you want, the key words here being, drive  it! And
if going to electronic ignition is going to get you to drive your car  more,
enjoy it more, then by all means, go electronic. It's your car. Like many,
I didn't buy my car to let it sit in my garage. I bought it for the smiles
it  brings me and others while on the road.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

In a message dated 12/13/2013 7:21:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,