[Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 06:29:31 MST 2013

You will probably get a lot of pros and cons. I prefer Pertronix since I
never have to adjust it as with points, etc. The down side is when it fails
it fails all of a sudden whereas points, etc. slowly fail (unless you have a
crap rotor which I had break once). I have heard that early Pertronix units
were not reliable but they seem to have worked the kinks out of them and I
have had mine 5 years with no problems.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com