[Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Dec 13 06:54:36 MST 2013

Points are vastly superior to electronic ignition the same way an abacus is vastly superior to an HP RPN 12C
calculator--ask any mortgage broker or loan officer--a carburettor is vastly superior to SFI, a Gnome rotary engine is
vastly superior to a high-bypass turbofan and trepanning is vastly superior to an MRI.

Heard Jeff had some issues with Pertronix (but no specifics). I've had one in my BJ8 for many years and miles with nary
a problem; and we put them in our 100M (this doesn't even require the magnets under the rotor).  Engine starts quicker
and idles lower/smoother than it did with points.  Also, have heard sourcing quality points is getting to be problematic.

Bob

ps.  What objective reasons did Jeff give for categorically declaring points 'better?'

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net