[Healeys] 1157 bulb issues

Rick Swain rjswain at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 14:55:50 MDT 2013

Not the same problem but similar results. I recently replaced sockets for my
front park/signal lights. One was fine but the other had the slots in the
wrong place (as I later found out) and the bulb wouldn't work. Light would
work if I just pushed it in and held it in place but when I turned the bulb to
lock it contact was lost. Another socket worked fine. Don't know where the
socket was made but there was obviously a quality control issue. The plastic
part of the socket was green, not black, but that's not definitive because the
other socket bought at the same time (and the same colour) worked fine.
Rick Swain'59 BN4