[Healeys] High speed miss - CARBS?

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 26 17:51:08 MDT 2013

I still have a misfire at high speeds and at low speeds when I accelerate.

The timing seems to be set correctly and the fuel tank, pump, lines,
filter, needle seats and float chambers are clean. The plugs and
points are gapped correctly.

The carbs were rebuilt but I don't believe the piston/suction
chambers are to factory specifications. The carbs are original and I
am wondering if that is why I am getting the misfire (it is not a
back fire through the exhaust).

Has anyone had similar symptoms that were cured only by replacing the
carburetors with new ones?

TIA

John Spaur
'62 BT7