[Healeys] Porting a BJ7 head

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat Aug 24 23:11:11 MDT 2013

I had the head for my BN2 pocket ported by APT here in Riverside, California.
I have not assembled it to the engine yet.  I had it done because part of the
ports were gouged to facilitate the weld repair between 2 & 3 cylinder.  It
was done to even out the flow more than a performance enhancement.  Anyone
ported the four cylinder head?

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

harm than good is often done by modifying these heads. Given the engine spec,
I would leave it alone.

Schulz wrote:
>> Fellow Listers,
>> Any benefit of porting a BJ7 head? I'm
using standard pistons, standard compression and a BJ8 cam grind. Also two
standard HS6 carbs.

http://www.team.net/donate.html
http://www.team.net/archive