[Healeys] Healey restart invite

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 09:37:34 MDT 2013

Made me think of when my dad was planning to re-start the engine on the 1919 Seagrave Pumper fire engine he was (is) restoring. This engine actually served in the local (Modesto, CA) FD for over 40 years; and we had a B-B-Q attended by invited guests including several generations of Modesto firefighters.

Dad checked, double-checked, then triple-checked the engine before the 'big start,' but resisted the temptation to test-fire the engine beforehand. When the big moment arrived, the engine started after brief cranking and ran fine, then quit after a couple minutes. Dad had checked everything but one: put some gas in the tank.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA