[Healeys] o/d

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Mon Aug 19 20:53:44 MDT 2013

guy in our club brought his BT7 over this morning to have me look at o/d as it would not engage after driving for a while.  i suspected a worn accumulator, but checked the easy stuff first.  took out operating valve and discovered the little hole on the side was plugged up.  cleaned it up and placed back in o/d.  did a 20 mile test in 105 degree heat and it always engaged and disengaged with the switch.  took a little time to engage a few times.  not sure exactly what the little hole does but am glad i did not have to take out the o/d now.  might have to when it gets cool, but right now it is operational.