[Healeys] Front Wheel Cylinders

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Mon Aug 19 18:05:37 MDT 2013

Patrick,

It sounds like you got cylinders for a long wheelbase Land Rover. The pedal
pressure will increase and so will the pedal travel. 7/8" versus 1" may not
seem to be much of a change, but the effects follow the change as the square
of the differential, so for an equivalent amount of braking force the actual
difference is about 30%.

You might be able to source a Land Rover master cylinder of the proper size.
I've forgotten what size that is, but it will be the same ratio as the wheel
cylinder diff. It will probably be easier to find the correct wheel
cylinders.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554