[Healeys] Bernard Viart XK120

Tadeusz Malkiewicz Tadeusz.Malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Sun Aug 18 13:01:39 MDT 2013

Well,

Actually it's more complex than you think..

Bernard Viart did 2 such books.

The first one was on xk140. It was VERY good. It was edited by one of the
most scrupulous folks I know in the Jaguar world from Australia, the sort of
a fellow who can easily write several long pages on a particular bolt finish
and for whom not just the bolt is important but also the roundness of the
edge of the washer.

I adore him, but I would never meet his standard n my restorations..

Hence, the xk140 book is VERY good, because it's THOROUGHLY checked.

However, the xk120 book is not co-authored by this Australian fellow, it is
unfortunate.

I have both books and it is the xk140 book that I use very often during my
xk120 restoration.

So, to cut the story short, it's VERY difficult to get such a book right.
Though, I am pretty sure, that the joint force of such folks who edit the
concourse guidelines would produce a splendid book on the Healeys..

Tadek