[Healeys] oil pressure gauge problem

Steven stevesylvia2 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 15 19:51:14 MDT 2013

I'm only a garage mechanic, garage meaning my house, and I recently
finished a 5 year restoration on my 61 3000.  I took it down to the last
nut and bolt.  I even had the oil pressure line re-plated and it didn't
even occur to me that I might need oil in the line so I know that I
reinstalled my line bone dry.  My gauge is original and not rebuilt and
my oil pressure needle has never bounced and has always stayed steady
and read right where it should be.  My feeling is that whatever oil is
needed in the line comes from the engine.

Steve Meyer
61 3000 BN7