[Healeys] Rear Tail light lens

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 14:57:24 MDT 2013

Ron,

As Richard has stated yes, plus let me add a few details.  Obviously red is
for the rear, and clear lenses are on the front.  The lenses are all marked
"LUCAS 488 MADE IN ENGLAND".   The LUCAS ones I purchased from MOSS some 20
years ago were spot on correct.

Now the BN1s had front clear lenses that were *frosted*, and the BN2s (and
possibly late BN1s) all had clear lenses.  They are the same part number as
the clear non frosted lenses.  In fact some years ago as I was going
through around a dozen boxes of NOS 488 lenses, I found that while the
numbers on the original LUCAS boxes were all the same, three of the twelve
or so lenses were frosted.  I purchased these three.

BTW of the five frosted lenses that I have, two of them are marked "LUCAS
488/B MADE IN ENGLAND".  If you have a clear lens and want a frosted one,
just carefully bead blast the inside of the lens and the results look just
like the originals.

I hope this isn't TMI.

Cheers,

Curt