[Healeys] What am I doing wrong

greg newton onehundredbnone at msn.com
Tue Aug 6 18:10:03 MDT 2013

I'm in the process of installing the bonnet on my bn1 , without the hinges
installed the bonnet fits just fine good gaps all around, as soon as the
hinges are bolted up the bonnet will not settle into place.... the bonnet sits
7/16 away from the hinge end of the shroud......have tried many tweaks but to
no avail and am sure I have held my tongue in the right place . The car I'm
working on was a basket case however I'm certain I have the correct bonnet
that was fitted to the car even though it is not the one supplied by the
factory. The bonnet as soon as it is installed will make the car ready for
painting, so any suggestions would be welcome.

    Thank You

      Greg Newton
       53 BN1
       63 BJ7