[Healeys] Transmission?

'bluehealey' bluehealey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 14:09:49 MDT 2013

Ouch!!
That is exactly what is happening Fred. The overdrive is hanging up even when
switched off.
The noise is from the 'sprag' clutch in the overdrive which will be destroyed
if you reverse through it.
I'm not sure exactly what this roller clutch does but it goes with a bang!
Others will chime in with causes and solutions. Mine had to be rebuilt
(Hardys, Leatherhead) after which no more issues.

AlanB - iPhone message.