[Healeys] 123 Ignition system

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:33:52 MDT 2013

Hi Derek.
I'm sure the 123 will work fine. Lucas works fine on mine.
You just need dyno time to set it up.
It's all about the fettling.
You can't run an SU based vacuum advance with webers. The factory never did.
You can't, vacuum advance for Su's is different to webers, so VA  won't work
with webers  - it is a system based on SU carbs and a Lucas dizzy (if a 123 is
based on a Lucas 26D vacuum system - dunno?), if you have webers - no Va with
a Healey distributor
Check the archives.
I've written about this more than once.
Or ask Denis Welch or Jeremy.