[Healeys] Maximum 2.6 Bore

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Apr 30 02:31:37 MDT 2013

G'day

I think it's an open ended question.

The engine in the BN3/1 is exactly the same C-series engine that Geoff
Healey was provided with by BMC way back in 1954 and was initially so
disappointed in as far as power goes. It is a C26W engine which means that
it was originally built for a Wolseley car. He then undertook quite a few
experiments on the engine in the car, including fitting triple dual throat
SUs before he was satisfied with the power. Sadly today I do not have those
SUs nor can I afford to have them built.

However when I bought the car back in 1974 it was fitted with standard 3000
pistons and I have all the service records going back to 1965. So sometime
between 1954 and 1965 it was bored out to take the pistons and ran perfectly
well through to Easter 2011 when it lost part of No 2 piston which means it
was not the fault of the block.

Watch this space.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn