[Healeys] BJ8 Rear quarter panel rust trap

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Apr 29 13:11:02 MDT 2013

I had to replace both my rocker panels and doglegs in May 1988 because of
excessive corrosion due to that mud trap.  After making sure I sealed the
seams of the new rockers with 3M body sealant, I am religious about flushing
out the dogleg traps each time I wash the car (I also flush out the lower
part of the rear and front fenders).  Keeping the debris out of there will
go a long way toward preventing corrosion.  I don't have any signs of
corrosion (yet) more than 100,000 miles later.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA