[Healeys] Maximum 2.6 Bore

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:25:05 MDT 2013

Hi Patrick,
I have had experience of a 2.6 liter engine having been bored to 3000 bore.
It doesn't work. In one of Geoff's books mention is made of the block
casting having been changed to produce the larger cylinder bore. The
attached photos are of the remains of a 2.6 that had been bored to 83.34mm.
It ran well....for about 20 minutes..
A customer had purchased it as a "race ready" engine...

Michael S