[Healeys] Steering Play

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Apr 29 06:45:32 MDT 2013

Tim
The nut is 3/4 inch. As far as access there isn't an easy way on an assembled
car. I usually crack the nut loose after removing the inner wheel well
extension (splash panel). Pop a box wrench over the adjuster and nut from the
front and loosen. Then the adjustment process. Not too tight at the straight
ahead position. Hold the adjuster in position and screw the nut finger tight
or as tight as you can get it with your arms contorted as they will be
reaching down from the engine bay. Test full movement, lock to lock and free
play again, Reinsert box wrench and snug up the nut. Replace splash panel,
wheel/tire. Be happy with the results.
Aloha
Perry