[Healeys] project BJ8 for sale

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Mon Apr 22 08:17:21 MDT 2013

Hi folks, no I'm not giving up!

I was invited to look at a project car for sale on the weekend, and
offered to put the word out on the list. The vendor bought it as a
dissassembled, partly restored project.
It's a phase 2 BJ8 that has had the frame repaired and painted, and
ihas been made a rolling chassis...the engine and gearbox have been
fitted, and are supposed to have been rebuit, but they may have to
come out again, because the wiring harness hasn't been installed.
someone has started to repair the shrouds (but they need more work) ,
and the steel panels (fenders, doors etc.) look pretty good.
The car seems complete, but the owner tells me that he hasn't been
able to find the two master cylinders.
I don't think it was in shocking condition when taken apart, judging
by the wear on the interior parts, and the condition of the original
panels.

I'm sorry, Steve, I don't have the numbers; the bulkhead was totally
clean, but I don't think the vendor would mind you inquiring about
that.

I have no financial interest, etc., but thought it might interest
someone on the list.
The car is near Toronto.
Anyone interested can email  :
dmccartney at live.ca