[Healeys] Ammeter & voltmeter

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sat Apr 20 00:18:36 MDT 2013

I've received much sage advice from this list and now I'm after some
more.....

Opinions differ as to whether one is better off with an ammeter or a volt
meter. Opinions differ again if one has an alternator in place of the
generator.

"Why not have both?", someone asked. And I'm going to.

I had an ammeter with my generator and nothing much will change there. But
the voltmeter?....

Can I connect one of the voltmeter's two terminals to either of the
ammeter's two terminals and the other of the voltmeter's two terminals to
earth? As the gauges will be together in the same bracket, it seems sensible
to take the 12v feed from the ammeter. Or am I wrong?

Simon