[Healeys] fluid reservoir cap

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Fri Apr 19 15:05:59 MDT 2013

Kees,
Please note. We no longer have caboodles in this country. Only whole
enchiladas. But, don't worry Mayor Bloomberg has down sized them.
dave

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

An old mechanics trick is to use a length of bicycle tire containing the
valve. Using tire repair cement fold one end over to make it air tight.
stretch the other (open) end over the neck of the reservoir, which
should be filled to the brim, and tie to the neck securely to form an
airtight seal.  You now can inflate the tire to a few psi and bleed the
brakes. Do keep the fluid level topped up which means dismantling and
refitting the whole cabudle several times. It needs patience, is not
very convenient but it does work. I used it many a time when nothing
else was at hand.
Make sure though that the tire will not burst for obvious reasons.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL