[Healeys] fluid reservoir cap

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:46:15 MDT 2013

Hi Ira, That's one that I struggled with for a while!!
Ended up using a old hub grease cap with a large neoprene washer inside as
a seal.
Braized a fitting (bit like an air line connector) into the center of the
cap to hook up my very old Snap On pressure bleeder vessel.
Then braized a pair of spring tensioning buckles from some old (very old)
ski boots with hooks that went down the sides of the can and latched under
the bottom. One's gotta do what one's gotta do!!!
I've had that device for about 30 years and have used it to bleed the
brakes on many many Healeys.
I only need to put about 5 p.s.i. into the bleeder vessel and I can bleed
all the brakes and the clutch in about 5 minutes..

Michael S

--
Michael Salter