[Healeys] 100-S Engine

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Apr 13 16:45:08 MDT 2013

"Surely they weren't ignorant of the importance..."

I respectfully beg to differ. I recall hearing that either Donald or Goeff on
being asked this very question responded "We didn't think anyone would ever
ask." While the cars were being built they were much more interested in
getting them out the door and sold than in worrying about a place in history.
I think when viewed from that perspective their accomplishments are all the
more remarkable. It's easy to see the greatness of the cars and their genesis
in retrospect, but we didn't have to live through the arduous process of
making it all happen.

Bill Lawrence