[Healeys] 100-S Engine

Freese, Ken Ken.Freese at Aerojet.com
Sat Apr 13 09:41:44 MDT 2013

The 100S engine number is stamped on the pad at the top of the block. Usually
it gets machined away when the top of the block is decked for flatness. You
might take a rubbing or an ultra sound or a penetrant inspection to make the
number visible. If you also have the transmission, then you can figure out the
engine from the transmission number. Geoff Healey's book has the cross
reference table for 100S serial numbers.
Perhaps the carb serial numbers might be traceable, but have never tried that
tack before.
Ken Freese
Ex 100S Registrar

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Werner
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:39 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100-S Engine

I am working with a local museum that accepted a donation of a one-owner 100
with a 100-S engine fitted. I know the owner (now Deceased) bought the engine
in England in 1962 and fitted it to the car.

There is no engine number on the engine. Where else should I look for clues as
to the history on this engine? Any routine stampings for 100-S, special
features etc that could give me a clue to it's history?

How unusual is it to find a 100-S engine in a 100? I know of two.

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive