[Healeys] Da clunk

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 08:23:10 MDT 2013

If a) your wheels are in good condition and b) it's cheaper, then I see no reason not to replace the wheel hubs if you
choose.

Other wheel shops I've used--dunno about JB--when re-lacing, would just cut the spokes and replace with new spokes and
nipples.  That was easier for them--old spokes would often be rusted stuck in the nipples--and I guess the shop could
argue the old spokes were stretched.  So, if JB does that, all you'd be reusing is the rims and with parts and labor new
wheels may be more economical.

Last time I was at JB's he showed me a couple wheels--think they were off a Triumph--that he had installed new hubs in.
One possible advantage would be John could probably true the wheel better than the OEM guys.

Also, I believe Dayton and Dunlop wheels have different style hubs (something to consider).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net