[Healeys] BN1/2 forward windshield feet replacement

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 30 13:58:37 MDT 2012

How good are Moss's "feet"?  Has anyone used them?

I am either going to buy new feet (Moss 805-247) or build up and
replate my original pair.  It would take some restorative building up
with brazing rod and then drilling out on the inside hole (where the
windshield pin fits).  A lot of work and touchy brazing brass.

Moss wants $57 apiece for the feet, which is cheap compared to
restoration costs.  Or do I buy Moss feet and then re-chrome them?  Or
what?

-Roland
BN1 #724