[Healeys] wire wheels - again

llennep at verizon.net llennep at verizon.net
Thu Sep 27 17:39:43 MDT 2012

Yes you can.  I have balanced 3 pairs that way.  Welded 1/4 rod on the perimeter of the drum for the weight.

Keith

On 09/27/12, Jackson Krall wrote:

You might try balancing your brake drums to rid the existing shake. Maybe that can also be done on the bubble?
JK

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 1:24 PM EDT healeymanjim at hansencc.net wrote:

>i have gone to quite a few tire shops in las vegas silnce my main man quit and took up another profession. none know how to balance wire wheels and most do not have the right cones. i show them the picture on how to do it from the blurb in the back of the moss catalog. they say they cannot do it right. at present i use my bubble balancer but i still get a little shake at 50-60 mph. could be the dreaded scuttle shake but i do not know for sure. hjim

Suggested annual donation $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net