[Healeys] Grease dripping from top of steering column on BN2 non-adjustable

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 11:18:10 MDT 2012

Mike
If there is not a felt bush in your column the steering wheel will have
excessive movement, inner column will rattle in the outer column. The felt
bush is installed at the upper (steering wheel) end of the column assembly.
Also BMC parts lists, Moss, etc shows two rubber rings installed between the
inner and outer columns that should, in theory, help keep the oil in the
steering box and off your lap.
Aloha
Perry

There was no felt cylinder in my steering column when I pulled it apart in
005. So there isn't one now either!! Not sure I'll be taking it all apart to
it one though.