[Healeys] Healey in Bank advertizing in Poland

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 12:46:17 MDT 2012

Randy

Sorry I did not reply earlier but we have been away on a long weekend at
a Austin-Healey event in North Wales.

This car is very likely that with the original UK registration number
NON 57. I believe that it is a rather old photograph; the sort of thing
that was popular in the 1950s of a rural scene with a horse and rider in
a quiet English country lane.

If it is NON 57 then the car no longer has this registration. The last I
heard of it was in December 1987 when it then had a registration number
made up with the initials of the then owner. We have not heard anything
since and it may well be that the owner has moved the registration
number to another car. This is possible in the UK if one pays a fee and
meet other criteria.

NON 57 has a chassis number of 140239 and was recorded as a BN1M. It
would have been built around the end of July 1953 and have a body number
around 94. Therefore it was an early car and might well have been part
of a publicity sales campaign; hence the rather good photograph and
setting.

Regards

--
John Harper