[Healeys] BJ8 Customized Radiator???

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:36:16 MDT 2012

With all due respect, and sincerely  Robert,
Is it a Healey?
Healey engine?
If so, then Feel free to redesign it to the limits of your thermodynamics
education and experience.
If you have had your block & head seriously cleaned, I mean Redistriped.
And your timing is correct and yadadadad. And you know a bloke who gets more
horsepower per litre who says he can get more by redesigning the radiator?
Then.
Go for it.
No? Historic Racing? Limited by rules? Wondering How some of those historic
racers are so fast???
Without modern stuff??
Peter Jackson in Au??
Alloy radiators are all about less water. Lower weight at the front.
Reduce the weight of the radiator??
Easy. Make it smaller.
Hold less water.
Therefore it weighs less.
Easy. Rocket science 101
An alloy radiator holding less water will weigh less.
Make it out of plastic, and have an all alloy motor.
Think.
We have a big cast iron heat sink. It's an engine.
Lose weight? Most efficient method is removing trim, hoods, windscreens,
lighter batteries, alloy wheels, and drivers getting fitter. Last one made my
biggest lap time improvement.....
Oh. Redistrip the block. And the head.
Thats the thermal efficiency thing.
Weight loss and fitness. That's the other  thing.
Peter Jackson? One of the fittest blokes I've ever known. A man who has really
become one of the greatest Healey drivers globally in the past 15 years. And
is still a nice bloke!
 Totally focussed, and totally detail oriented. Legal car. Totally a dedicated
racer. Ask Peter why he doesn't run an alloy radiator.

Sincerely.
Chris

Sent from my personal bunker at NASA. No Bill. I don't want a cigar.