[Healeys] BJ8 Customized Radiator???

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Oct 29 01:33:11 MDT 2012

If you consider a custom radiator get the biggest cooling capacity that
will fit. One can never have enough and it should give piece of mind
under all circumstances. Do not forget to fit an overflow/expansion
vessel and renew all hoses including the ones for the heater for silicon
items. Check the condition of the heater radiator core. The engine
temperature (sleeved thermostat 70C, 72C, 80C, 86C) can be chosen as you
wish without the worry of overheating, 80C or 86C would be preferable,
however do fit a proper thermostatically controlled electric fan with
the switching on temperature about 95C and switching off temperature
about 90C (for a 86C thermostat) and a 10psi rad cap to raise the
boiling point.
Kees Oudesluijs