[Healeys] BJ8 Radiator Drain

Mike Garvey r3m1g4 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 28 08:06:49 MDT 2012

I need to replace the radiator drain on my BJ8.  The existing drain (which
is a tubular left-hand-threaded concentric bore arrangement) appears to have
pipe threads (ie tapered threads and sealed with sealant) which mate to the
radiator.

The replacement tap (which is a rotary valve with handle) that I have
received from Moss (pn 460-020) is sealed with a fiber washer(pn 324-671); I
am unsure if the new drain has tapered threads.

I am sure someone has been down this road and can advise me on whether I
have the correct replacement parts from Moss.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Michael Garvey

1967 BJ8/38046

Swampscott, MA