[Healeys] Ignition wires

Randy Dickson rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com
Sat Oct 13 10:33:03 MDT 2012

Fellow Healeyiods,
I just got a Pertronix Flamethrower distributor with neg. ground for my 63
BJ7.  I have the solid core bumblebee wires.  Anyway, the instructions say
"Do not use solid core wires".  Well, I'm having a hard time finding a wire
set that will work.  I need (7)  90 degree boots and metal crimp fittings
for the distributor side.
I have tried several 60s applications at local parts stores, even tractors.
I have not been able to find any that fit.  It was just 10 years ago when I
would go into a parts store and they would have bulk ignition wire and boots
and the metal straight and 90 degree crimps to custom build an ignition
wiring setup.  I guess those days are gone.  So, my questions are.
1.) Do I have to go with the fiber core wires?
2.) Where can I get the 60 degree boots and metal crimp ends that plug into
the distributor?

Thanks!

Randy
60 BT7