[Healeys] John Gott Memorial Trophy Race - Photos

David Lodge emmgeeteecee at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 09:03:54 MDT 2012

I well remember seeing John Gott racing his red Healey at various events
including Silverstone in the early 60s when he was then Chief Constable of
Northamptonshire where I lived, and Silverstone was still a WWII airfield
complete with hangars and not the glorified gin palace that it is now.  Gott
was something of a hero to we wannabe racers back then and he was seen as a
bit of a maverick by the conventions of the time (I mean, racing driver AND
Chief Bobby!  Really!)  His car was also the first Healey I saw with wing
vents.

Apologies for bombing Derek with this.  It was supposed to go to the list.

--- On Tue, 9/10/12, Derek Job