[Healeys] New ÇA yom plates - more.

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 16:12:07 MDT 2012

Interesting, but the YOM program already exists in CA for 63-69 yellow on
black plates.  Just buy a pair of original plates on ebay that correspond to
the car year and still has the rear sticker in place [the plate number must
NOT be currently on the dmv computer data base - it must have dropped off],
walk into the dmv with the plates, fill out a one page form, wait half an hour
while they go thru computers/paperwork, pay a fee, turn in your old plates,
pick up the new stickers and the add on sticker carriers that attach to the
plate bolts [they do not need to placed in the small square on the plate], and
you are done.  Go home and mount the plates with the new sticker attachment.

It really works smoothly - I did it for SYS900.

Great to see that we are extending YOM to both back and forward yeats, and the
old cars look better with period plates rather than the modern vanities with
silly names...

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail at yahoo.com