[Healeys] Datsun AH Fairlady Copy

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:21:39 MDT 2012

Hi Reinhart -

Yes, both before and after the war, Nissan had a very close
relationship with Austin - in fact many of their 1930s models are
Austin 7s build under license.  After the war they built A40s and
A50s.   Actually the connection was so close that even after Datsun
started building their own cars and motors, the engine-gearbox mount
patterns were still interchangeable.  For example, Datsun 1500 motors
are direct bolt up compatible into MGBs (MG was part of Austin in the
1950s and 60s).  In addition those of use with BJ8s in California were
unable, for years, to find HD8 carbs at any auto wreckers because all
the Datsun 240 racers and modders would take the HD8s and put them on
their cars as a direct bolt on upgrade to the SU-Hitachi H6 carb.

Cheers,

Alan

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-SA732_0302da_H_20120302150341.j
> pg
>
> And you can see one in the Nissan's DNA garage video:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443890304578009284279919750.ht

ml?KEYWORDS=cars#project%3DSLIDESHOW08%26s%3DSB10001424052970203986604577257