[Healeys] SU Fuel Pump Repair

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 11:50:53 MST 2012

To be exactly correct, the solenoid--aka the pump 'body'--may have polarity. Some have red and black leads, some just have black. In theory, the pump works 'better' if the polarity of the solenoid is respected, but I don't know exactly why. The solenoid is wire-wound and--like a motor or generator--may take a 'set' after being one polarity for a while.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA