[Healeys] BJ8 Speedometer removal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 21 21:51:45 MST 2012

Geoff,

I've taken the speedometer out of my BJ8 many times and never had to remove the tripmeter reset knob.  It's just a
matter of tilting it at a certain angle then pulling it out through the dash.  If necessary, push the tripmeter shaft up
while tilting it.

I wouldn't attempt removing the pin while the speedo is in the car.  It's a tiny roll pin, and should be removed--only
if necessary--very carefully on the bench with a suitably sized drift.  If you lose it I doubt you'll find a replacement.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net