[Healeys] BHP - the real figures.

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:02:26 MDT 2012

Congratulations. 160bhps at the wheels is wonderfull.
Though as menshioned before, factory numbers were given at the flywheel.
Driveline loss for heilical-cut gearbox and 90 degree final drive may be
20-25%. Soo Your engine would produce the power of at least 200 "BMC"
horses :D.

Gergo

Oudesluys<coudesluijs at chello.**nl<coudesluijs at chello.nl>>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>  Back in those days they gave the power at the flywheel, without
>>> dynamo/alternator or any electrical load, I think even without water pump
>>> and oil pump.
>>> On the dyno you get the power on the rear wheels, sometimes it is
>>> calculated back to the flywheel, assuming a certain percentage of loss
>>> through the transmission. Thus the figures are not at all comparable.
>>> Kees Oudesluijs

>> -----
>> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
>> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
>> Versie: 2012.0.1913 / Virusdatabase: 2425/5034 - datum van uitgifte:
>> 05/30/12
>>

> --
> Kees Oudesluijs
> Dorpsstraat 183
> 2995XG Heerjansdam
> T: 078-677 1233
> E: coudesluijs at chello.nl
>
> Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
> Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
> www.jensenholland.nl
> Support Team.Net
http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>