[Healeys] water pump bearings

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 29 19:52:24 MDT 2012

I have my two water pumps with 3/8" pulley's disassembled; one
original with the oil screw and one without. The new one without the
oil hole appears to have permanently lubricated bearings. They both
have a small shaft through bearings that are fitted to a larger shaft
that is pressed into the water pump housing. The other does not but
both shafts with the bearings appear very similar.

The bearings in the new shaft seam smooth with a little bit of end
play back and forth. About .008 - it's hard to measure. Does that
sound like it is good?

Is the shaft just pressed through the bearings? That's what it looks
like. Are the bearings available? Any thoughts on rebuilding the pump?

John Spaur
San Jose, CA

'62 BT7