[Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust System Results >>> Nice.

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 01:11:46 MDT 2012

My BJ8 exhaust system finally had too many patches, and so it was time for a
new system. It was a Burgess, and may have been original.
As my car is lowered at the rear to avoid the excess whell well gap, I often
bottomed the rear cross boxes on shopping mall bumps....

Questions therefore were:
1.  Stainless or Mild?
2.  Rear cross boxes or not?
Decision was stainless [got a great deal on Bell], and NO rear cross boxes.
Tail pipes now emerge on drivers side like earlier cars, but retained the BJ8
signature curl up.

Result is exellent - very nice healthy Healey burble, but not at all noisy.
And better ground clearance.  Except for you serious concours folks, I would
recommend omitting the cross boxes at replacement time. Looks good, sounds
good, and cheaper.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail at yahoo.com