[Healeys] Memorial Day

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Mon May 28 20:03:25 MDT 2012

"Armistice Day (which overlaps with Remembrance Day) is on 11 November and
commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and
Germany at Compihgne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the
Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the
morning-the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of
1918...

After World War II, the name of the holiday was changed to Veterans Day in
the United States and to Remembrance Day in the countries of the British
Commonwealth of Nations. Armistice Day remains an official holiday in France
and Belgium..."

(Again, Wikipedia)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA