[Healeys] "100-M" for sale

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Sun May 20 03:14:58 MDT 2012

I would say a 100M has its value when all the special M parts are with the car
and original and its prove that with body and chassis number its a "real"
100M. Here on the east side of the Atlantic pond such cars seem to be rare
rare like hen`s teeth. I have never seen one so far.
Those 100M cars offered are usually modified and hence have lost what it makes
a "real" 100M. So the prices asked for are not at justified. Some years ago
such 100Ms were offered for about 3000 Euro`s or Brit. Pounds on top of an
"ordinary" BN1 or BN2.
This year I saw one of those 100Ms offered for 150TEuro, which is about double
of an ordinary 100. People just think when they have a Heritage certificate
which certifies the car as a "real" 100M its worth double of an ordinary 100,
even fitted with lets say weber carbs, no matching engine number, front disk
brakes, aluminium radiator, wrong colour, motolita steering wheel, etc. Ok, if
the money is paid its worth the price - no doubt. But this is somewhat stupid
in my mind and this bubble may burst one time. Time will show.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----