[Healeys] scoops not vents

Pieter and Linda pieters at pt.lu
Thu May 17 07:06:40 MDT 2012

I went along to a classic car rally here in Luxembourg today and saw a BJ8
that had forward facing scoops on the side of the front guards in place of
rally vents. Spoke to the owner who carefully explained that BMC had got it
wrong at the time and all Healey racers since had "stupidly" followed suit.
His theory was the the scoops and front grill combine to create an area of
high pressure in the engine bay that "force feeds" the engine " just like a
supercharger". I think maybe has has sniffed a few to many exhaust fumes. Nice
day out though with some interesting cars including a very original and
obviously much used Bugatti racer,
cheers