[Healeys] for those really interested inBN1 Detail

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:15:09 MDT 2012

Hi Tom,
The distance piece, and its shims, act as a solid spacer between the inner
races of he bearings. When installed correctly it will be absolutely locked
in place by the torque you apply to the spindle nut and when that nut is
tight the hub should still turn freely with virtually no free play.
Getting the shim thickness adjusted correctly is critical and easiest to do
before you install the seal or grease.

--
Michael Salter

                         *I have BJ8 water pump kits!!*