[Healeys] Tires Again

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed May 2 08:23:45 MDT 2012

Charlie:

I run Vred 185/70 15's, and one of the things that I like best about them is
the rain performance, in my opinion, especially compared to the Mich ZX's
that I replaced.  Bear in mind that I live very close to the 'rainforest' -
within sight of the Olympic Peninsula (but not the real rainy parts).  I
think most people run too high a pressure in their Healeys - I run
relatively low pressure - don't want to start another 'big thing' on the
list.  I think pressure probably has a lot to do with how the tires feel in
the wet.

The only tires that came close to them in the wet are the old Michelin
XAS's, which haven't been available for a long, long time, probably 25 years
or so.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb