[Healeys] Sealer along BN2 shroud

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 17:04:32 MDT 2012

We're getting ready to re-fit the front shroud to our BN2. I know there should be seam sealer--'dumdum' or similar--along the cowl to prevent heat and gasses from the engine compartment from getting into the cockpit. Does anyone have a photo or diagram of where the seam sealer should go, how thick it should be, etc? I know this was discussed a few years ago and someone had some good photos of a 6-cyl car, and a tip about using wax paper to gauge thickness, but was wondering what's correct for a 100?

TIA,
Bob