[Healeys] Most Successful 6 cyl Austin Healey Racer

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Wed Mar 28 07:06:57 MDT 2012

Alan,

FWIW, I think that you have to seperate race and rally cars. DD certainly has
longest campaign history, but then the rally cars didn't last that long (don't
want to get into the whole "what constitutes an original car thing"!!   ).

So I agree with the nomination of DD as the longest campaigned, but the most
successful? In BL's eyes "success" would have meant "good" placings at Sebring,
Le Mans, the Lihge, the Monte, etc etc; and perhaps a class win is better for
marketing than a high placing (short of outright victory!). In the terms of this
group we probably mean something else.

The thing is that so many were so consistently good in the early- to mid-60s and
that is why they are so fondly remembered.

Peter Dzwig